Advance Authorization Scheme is one of the incentive schemes provided by Indian Government thorough its government agency called DGFT – Director General of Foreign Trade.
To increase the competitiveness of India’s exporters globally by offering incentives on procurement of raw materials and related incentives.
Under Advance authorization Scheme AAS, exporter can import raw-materials and related inputs under 100% duty exemption schemes. Advance Authorization are issued for raw materials and related inputs for manufacturing export items under Standard Input Output Norms (SION) set by the Government of India. However, these can also be issued on the basis of Adhoc norms or self declared norms in some situations as allowed.
Advance Authorisation can be issued to a manufacturer/exporter/merchant exporter tied to supporting manufacturer(s) for: – Physical exports (including exports to SEZ) – Intermediate supplies – Supply of ‘stores’ on board of foreign going vessel / aircraft subject to condition that there is specific SION in respect of item(s) supplied
- DGFT suspends inoperative SIONs with effect from 1st April, 2024
- DGFT permits import of Watermelon Seeds until 31st August, 2024
- DGFT permits import of Muskmelon Seeds until 31st August, 2024
- DGFT adds Adani Gangavaram Port for import of Metallic Waste & Scrap
- DGFT amends Export Policy of Human Hair
- Central Govt. adds Mundra Port and ICD Garhi Harsaru for import of new vehicles
- DGFT extends Timelines for Clubbing of Advance License
- DGFT makes amendment in Public Notice No. 28/2023 Dt. 18-08-2023