CPCB issues Show Cause Notice to Brand Owners under PWM Rules, 2016
Central Pollution Control Board has issued a Show Cause Notice to the unregistered Brand Owners asking them to register on the Centralised Portal developed for EPR (Plastic Waste).
Multiple PIBOs (Producers, Importers and Brand-Owners) are already registered on this Centralised Portal and as per the transaction details provided by the PIBOs (both Registered & applied for Registration) on the Centralised Portal, it has been observed that the transaction carried out for the Plastic Packaging as Brand Owner without registering on the Centralised Portal for EPR violates the Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016 (as amended).
In compliance of above, the Show Cause Notice is hereby issued for not complying with the PWM Rules, 2016 (as amended) and strict actions are to be taken against the unregistered Brand-Owners that may include:
1. Closure of operations of the unit.
2. Imposing of Environmental Compensation (Penalty) for non-compliance of Provisions of Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016 (as amended).
- DGFT suspends inoperative SIONs with effect from 1st April, 2024
- DGFT permits import of Watermelon Seeds until 31st August, 2024
- DGFT permits import of Muskmelon Seeds until 31st August, 2024
- DGFT adds Adani Gangavaram Port for import of Metallic Waste & Scrap
- DGFT amends Export Policy of Human Hair
- Central Govt. adds Mundra Port and ICD Garhi Harsaru for import of new vehicles
- DGFT extends Timelines for Clubbing of Advance License
- DGFT makes amendment in Public Notice No. 28/2023 Dt. 18-08-2023