CPCB issues Show Cause Notice to Brand Owners under PWM Rules, 2016
Central Pollution Control Board has issued a Show Cause Notice to the unregistered Brand Owners asking them to register on the Centralised Portal developed for EPR (Plastic Waste).
Multiple PIBOs (Producers, Importers and Brand-Owners) are already registered on this Centralised Portal and as per the transaction details provided by the PIBOs (both Registered & applied for Registration) on the Centralised Portal, it has been observed that the transaction carried out for the Plastic Packaging as Brand Owner without registering on the Centralised Portal for EPR violates the Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016 (as amended).
In compliance of above, the Show Cause Notice is hereby issued for not complying with the PWM Rules, 2016 (as amended) and strict actions are to be taken against the unregistered Brand-Owners that may include:
1. Closure of operations of the unit.
2. Imposing of Environmental Compensation (Penalty) for non-compliance of Provisions of Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016 (as amended).
- DGFT extends the RoDTEP scheme for exports made from 1st October, 2023.
- DGFT clarifies issues raised concerning Pre-Import Conditions under Advance Authorisation
- DGFT De-lists agencies authorized to issue Certificates of Origin (Non-Preferential)
- DGFT amends the Export Policy of Food Supplements containing Botanicals
- DGFT revises Standard Input Output Norms for Leather, Leather Products and Footwear
- DGFT permits export of Non-Basmati White Rice to Bhutan, Mauritius and Singapore through National Cooperative Exports Limited (NCEL)
- What is Preferential Certificate of Origin? Who is authorised to issue the Preferential CoO?
- Central Govt. changes the Registration Fees for SIMS to Rs.500/- flat