Advance Authorisation and the List of Documents required for obtaining the License
What is Advance Authorization (AA)?
Advance authorization is a scheme administered by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) in India. It allows Indian exporters to import certain specified goods duty-free, provided that they are used in the production of goods that are intended for export. The scheme is designed to help Indian businesses improve their competitiveness in international markets by enabling them to access raw materials and other inputs at lower cost.
To obtain an AA, exporters must submit an application to the DGFT, along with supporting documents such as proof of export orders and details of the goods to be imported. The DGFT will then review the application and, if approved, issue an advance authorization certificate, which must be presented to customs authorities at the time of import.
What are the pre-requisites for applying for Advance Authorization?
- Go to https://www.dgft.gov.in/ and log in to the DGFT website.
- Connect your existing Importer Exporter Code (IEC) to your account. More information on the IEC can be found in the related FAQs.
- Under the “My Dashboards” section, register a Digital Signatures Token.
What are the documents required for obtaining Advance Authorization?
- IEC Copy
- Export Item Description
- ITC HS code of the export product
- Quantity of Export item
- FOB value of item to be exported
- Import Item description
- ITC HS code of the import product
- Quantity of Import item
- CIF value of imported item
- IGST duty percentage on item to be imported (%)
- Custom duty percentage on item to be imported (%)
- Port of Registration to be mentioned
- Valid RCMC from an Export Promotion Council suitable to the export product
- Industrial license
- CA certificate
- CA certificate of consumption for last 3 years
How can we help?
A V International is one of the leading and oldest DGFT/Customs Consulting firm operating pan India. Established in 1991, our company is headquartered in Mumbai. Our company specializes in Advance Authorization cases; we can help in obtaining Advance License and also obtaining redemption/closure of the same with bond/bank guarantee cancellation.
- DGFT amends SION C-831 for export of Stainless-Steel Seamless Tubes / Pipes (Cold Finished)
- DGFT suspends inoperative SIONs with effect from 1st April, 2024
- DGFT permits import of Watermelon Seeds until 31st August, 2024
- DGFT permits import of Muskmelon Seeds until 31st August, 2024
- DGFT adds Adani Gangavaram Port for import of Metallic Waste & Scrap
- DGFT amends Export Policy of Human Hair
- Central Govt. adds Mundra Port and ICD Garhi Harsaru for import of new vehicles
- DGFT extends Timelines for Clubbing of Advance License