Advance Authorisation and the List of Documents required for obtaining the License
What is Advance Authorization (AA)?
Advance authorization is a scheme administered by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) in India. It allows Indian exporters to import certain specified goods duty-free, provided that they are used in the production of goods that are intended for export. The scheme is designed to help Indian businesses improve their competitiveness in international markets by enabling them to access raw materials and other inputs at lower cost.
To obtain an AA, exporters must submit an application to the DGFT, along with supporting documents such as proof of export orders and details of the goods to be imported. The DGFT will then review the application and, if approved, issue an advance authorization certificate, which must be presented to customs authorities at the time of import.
What are the pre-requisites for applying for Advance Authorization?
- Go to https://www.dgft.gov.in/ and log in to the DGFT website.
- Connect your existing Importer Exporter Code (IEC) to your account. More information on the IEC can be found in the related FAQs.
- Under the “My Dashboards” section, register a Digital Signatures Token.
What are the documents required for obtaining Advance Authorization?
- IEC Copy
- Export Item Description
- ITC HS code of the export product
- Quantity of Export item
- FOB value of item to be exported
- Import Item description
- ITC HS code of the import product
- Quantity of Import item
- CIF value of imported item
- IGST duty percentage on item to be imported (%)
- Custom duty percentage on item to be imported (%)
- Port of Registration to be mentioned
- Valid RCMC from an Export Promotion Council suitable to the export product
- Industrial license
- CA certificate
- CA certificate of consumption for last 3 years
How can we help?
A V International is one of the leading and oldest DGFT/Customs Consulting firm operating pan India. Established in 1991, our company is headquartered in Mumbai. Our company specializes in Advance Authorization cases; we can help in obtaining Advance License and also obtaining redemption/closure of the same with bond/bank guarantee cancellation.
- DGFT extends the RoDTEP scheme for exports made from 1st October, 2023.
- DGFT clarifies issues raised concerning Pre-Import Conditions under Advance Authorisation
- DGFT De-lists agencies authorized to issue Certificates of Origin (Non-Preferential)
- DGFT amends the Export Policy of Food Supplements containing Botanicals
- DGFT revises Standard Input Output Norms for Leather, Leather Products and Footwear
- DGFT permits export of Non-Basmati White Rice to Bhutan, Mauritius and Singapore through National Cooperative Exports Limited (NCEL)
- What is Preferential Certificate of Origin? Who is authorised to issue the Preferential CoO?
- Central Govt. changes the Registration Fees for SIMS to Rs.500/- flat