Amendment in Import Policy and Policy Condition of Copra under ITC HS Code: 12030000
On 14th June 2023, The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) announced amendment in the import policy of Copra that belongs to the ITC HS Code 12030000 through Notification No 11/2023. The current import policy has been changed to “Restricted”.
Earlier the import policy was “State Trading Enterprise” i.e. only State Trading Enterprise NAFED (i.e. National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India) was allowed to import Copra. State trading enterprises refer to enterprises that have been granted permission by the government to participate in trading activities, which can include both exporting and importing. These enterprises are either owned, sanctioned, or provided with support by the government.
On 14th June 2023, the import policy of Copra was changed to “Restricted”.
- DGFT extends the RoDTEP scheme for exports made from 1st October, 2023.
- DGFT clarifies issues raised concerning Pre-Import Conditions under Advance Authorisation
- DGFT De-lists agencies authorized to issue Certificates of Origin (Non-Preferential)
- DGFT amends the Export Policy of Food Supplements containing Botanicals
- DGFT revises Standard Input Output Norms for Leather, Leather Products and Footwear
- DGFT permits export of Non-Basmati White Rice to Bhutan, Mauritius and Singapore through National Cooperative Exports Limited (NCEL)
- What is Preferential Certificate of Origin? Who is authorised to issue the Preferential CoO?
- Central Govt. changes the Registration Fees for SIMS to Rs.500/- flat