DGFT issues Final Notice to Agencies and Chambers for mandatory electronic filing of the Certificate of Origin
The Transition Period for the mandatory filing of the applications for Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin through the e-CoO platform has been extended upto 31st December, 2023. The extension has been notified vide the Trade Notice 27/2022-2023 Dated 28th march, 2023. The DGFT wants to provide an electronic, contact-less single window for the processes related to the Certificate of Origin and has been emphasizing the enlisted Agencies and Chambers under the Appendix 2E since 19th February, 2021 through Trade Notice No. 42/2020-2021 to come on-board on the electronic platform for the Certificate of Origin (CoO). However, despite issuing various Trade Notices in the past and recently on 28.03.2023, it has been noted that a few enlisted Agencies and Chambers are still yet to start the on-boarding process which just nullifies the purpose of the online system.
So, it is therefore informed that the transition period for the mandatory filing of the applications for the Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin on the e-CoO platform is valid till 31st December, 2023. However, the Agencies and Chambers, which are notified under the Appendix 2E are to be given a last opportunity to come on-board on the electronic platform for the Certificate of Origin by 31st August, 2023 only.
In consequence to the above, the Agencies and the Chambers notified under the Appendix 2E which are still not on-board on the online platform are required to ensure that their on-boarding process is completed at the earliest by 31st August, 2023 and not later than that, failing this would result in the Agencies and the Chambers getting de-notified from the Appendix 2E.
- DGFT extends the RoDTEP scheme for exports made from 1st October, 2023.
- DGFT clarifies issues raised concerning Pre-Import Conditions under Advance Authorisation
- DGFT De-lists agencies authorized to issue Certificates of Origin (Non-Preferential)
- DGFT amends the Export Policy of Food Supplements containing Botanicals
- DGFT revises Standard Input Output Norms for Leather, Leather Products and Footwear
- DGFT permits export of Non-Basmati White Rice to Bhutan, Mauritius and Singapore through National Cooperative Exports Limited (NCEL)
- What is Preferential Certificate of Origin? Who is authorised to issue the Preferential CoO?
- Central Govt. changes the Registration Fees for SIMS to Rs.500/- flat