How to do SIMS Registration on DGFT Portal – Stepwise procedure
What is SIMS?
SIMS stands for Steel Importing Monitoring System introduced by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India to provide information in advance about import of steel to the government and other relevant stakeholders.
What is the purpose of SIMS?
The purpose of SIMS is to provide statistical data on steel imported in India before the imports arrive. The data submitted through SIMS once every week is checked and published on the Ministry of Steel website for the public to analyze.
Who is required to obtain SIMS Registration?
Any business importing steel products that are specified under the SIMS program should register under SIMS. Importers, agents, and brokers, may apply for SIMS Registration.
Pre-requisites for SIMS Registration on DGFT Website:
- Valid login details for the DGFT Portal (after registering in the DGFT Portal)
- An active Importer Exporter Code (IEC)
Step-wise process to SIMS Registration:
- Visit and Login to DGFT website (www.dgft.gov.in) with valid credentials
- Then, navigate to Services > Import Management System > Steel Import Monitoring System (SIMS)
- After clicking on Steel Import Monitoring System (SIMS), click on “Apply for New Authorization”
- Then, click on “Continue” button. After that click on “Start Fresh Application” button
- Fields including Application for, Apply for, Trade type & Public Notice will be auto-populated as per quota
- Click Next and fill up firm’s details. After filling up firm’s details click on “Save and Next”
- Fill up import item details. First ribbon is “Import Item Details” for SIMS and second ribbon is “Seller Details” and the third ribbon is “Manufacturer Details”. Enter all the mandatory fields and click on “Save and Next”
- Accept the terms and conditions in the declaration section that comes up next
- Review and check the application summary and click on “Sign” button to sign the application using digital signature certificate.
- Confirm the application and proceed with Payment
- After payment, you will be redirected to DGFT website and receipt will be visible. The receipt can be downloaded and saved in your system.
- The user will also receive an acknowledgement over email with Registration Number.
- Central Government Imposes Minimum Export Price on export of Onions
- Amendment in Import Policy Condition of Gold under HS Code 71081200
- Import of Raw Petroleum Coke delegated to the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM)
- DGFT incorporates Policy Condition for export of Non-Basmati rice
- DGFT implements enhanced e-BRC system for self-certification
- DGFT introduces a new centralized Video Conference facility at DGFT HQs
- Central Govt. streamlines Halal Certification process for Meat and Meat Products
- Central Govt. imposes Minimum Export Price on Onion exports