DGFT implements Import Management System for IT Hardware
SEZ units and EOUs/EHTP/STPI/BTP are not required to obtain a 'restricted import authorisation' for import of IT hardware restricted vide Notification 23/2023 dated 3rd August, 2023. The given exemption is allowed only for the captive consumption of the concerned importing unit.
There are no import restrictions on Spares
- and other inputs necessary for the IT hardware devices
as specified under Notification 23/2023 dated 03.08.2023.
Notified IT hardware items essential for Capital Goods are exempt from import licensing requirements. For instance, laptops/tablets accompanying machinery such as MRI machines, CNC machines, Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAVs), etc., are examples of allowed exemptions. However, if servers or laptops etc. themselves are the primary capital goods, this exemption does not apply.
The importers are allowed to apply for multiple authorisations. The authorisations issued shall be valid upto 30th September 2024.
- Central Government Imposes Minimum Export Price on export of Onions
- Amendment in Import Policy Condition of Gold under HS Code 71081200
- Import of Raw Petroleum Coke delegated to the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM)
- DGFT incorporates Policy Condition for export of Non-Basmati rice
- DGFT implements enhanced e-BRC system for self-certification
- DGFT introduces a new centralized Video Conference facility at DGFT HQs
- Central Govt. streamlines Halal Certification process for Meat and Meat Products
- Central Govt. imposes Minimum Export Price on Onion exports