DGFT discontinues Issuance of Physical copy of Restricted Import Authorisation
To further improve ease of doing business, the DGFT decided to discontinue the issuance of physical copy of Authorisation for Restricted Imports with effect from 19.10.2023. In regards to this, please make note –
- All Authorisation for Restricted Imports issued on or after 19.10.2023 for EDI Ports shall be issued electronically only. No paper copy of the said Authorisation shall be provided. The Authorisation data shall be transmitted electronically to the Customs Port of Registration.
- Authorisation for Restricted Imports issued for any non-EDI port shall continue to be issued on paper.
- Amendment or revalidation of any Authorisation for Restricted Imports issued before 19.10.2023 shall be processed in the existing manner wherein the paper copy of the amendment letter shall be issued.
- In case of import of Restricted Items under EPCG, the authorisation for Restricted Import number and date is required to duly be endorsed in the condition sheet of the EPCG authorisation.
- Central Government Imposes Minimum Export Price on export of Onions
- Amendment in Import Policy Condition of Gold under HS Code 71081200
- Import of Raw Petroleum Coke delegated to the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM)
- DGFT incorporates Policy Condition for export of Non-Basmati rice
- DGFT implements enhanced e-BRC system for self-certification
- DGFT introduces a new centralized Video Conference facility at DGFT HQs
- Central Govt. streamlines Halal Certification process for Meat and Meat Products
- Central Govt. imposes Minimum Export Price on Onion exports